Delivery and Returns
- UK Standard Delivery: £4.99
- UK Express Delivery: £12.00 (place orders before 12 noon Monday-Friday for delivery by the end of the next working day) We do not offer Express Delivery for Republic of Ireland orders.
- Republic of Ireland Standard Delivery: £12.50
- Europe Standard Delivery: £16.00
- Rest of World Standard Delivery: £25.00 (+ duty if applicable)
- Free postage and packaging on UK orders over £75
Note for UK Customers:
Goods should arrive within 3-10 working days from the date of order. At particularly busy times, please allow up to 14 days for your order to arrive.
We are unable to deliver to PO Boxes. Our larger parcels are sent by a service which requires a signature on receipt, so please consider putting an alternative delivery address (your work address, for example) if you are unlikely to be at home to receive the parcel. If the delivery company tries to deliver but no-one is in, they will leave a card asking you to call either to re-arrange delivery, or to have your parcel diverted to a local post office for you to collect. There may be a small charge for having your parcel sent to your post office.
Overseas customers: Please allow 28 days for delivery. Please note that deliveries outside of the UK may incur duty and customs charges, which are out of our control.
Please be aware that delays may occur in the run-up to Christmas, so place your order early to avoid disappointment!
We hope you are happy with your purchase. If you do wish to return or exchange an item, please complete the returns note included with your order and send it back to us with the item, using the freepost address (below).
Returns must be sent back within 28 days of receiving your order for a full refund (including any delivery charges paid at time of order).
How to return your goods:
- Please complete the returns note included with your order stating your order number, full name and the reason(s) for returning your purchase(s), and return it with the item. If you are unable to locate these details prior to sending, please contact us or phone +44 (0)1420 525544 so that we can help you.
- Goods must be returned in their original, saleable condition.
- Please send your goods to the following returns address to use our free returns service:
Please note that for reasons of hygiene, earrings and items of underwear are non-refundable or returnable unless faulty.
We aim to process the refund within 5 working days of receiving your parcel.
Some customers have asked whether adding a stamp to the Freepost address will save us money. Sadly it does not work that way; if you are happy to pay for the return of your goods, please post them in the normal fashion to the following address (do not forget to include your order number, full name and the reason for the return as per above): Ethical Shop, Blacknest Road, Blacknest, Hants, GU34 4QE.
When you have successfully completed and submitted your order, you will receive an automated email confirmation. UK customers, using the standard delivery service, should then allow 3-10 working days for delivery, and overseas customers 28 days. If you are concerned about non-delivery please email customer services or telephone them on +44 (0)1420 525544 between 9am and 5pm Monday-Friday.
All orders will be sent out in plastic free packaging. We use recycled cardboard boxes or reuse the boxes in which we receive stock from our suppliers. To protect your items, we use shredded cardboard as an alternative to plastic bubble wrap. All boxes are sealed with paper tape. We work hard with our suppliers to encourage them to use alternatives to plastic packaging on their products, but on occasion some items arrive to our warehouse in plastic. This is usually to protect items such as clothing. We never add plastic to any products but we also don't have the capacity to remove it when products arrive at the warehouse in this way.